Over the course of 2016, I've loved, lost, and gained. I am so thankful for the new family and friends I have made, and for the lessons I have learned.
One of the biggest lessons I've learned is to look for the best in everyone, but don't be overly optimistic. There is good in everyone, but sometimes it takes a lot of digging to get down to it. If someone continues to find reasons to do or not do something, then there is hidden truth that, in time, will surface. It is up to you whether to accept these hidden truths, or to cut your losses and move on. I like to think I would accept them in most cases, but when it comes to love and relationships, I cut my losses in 2016. My reason for this is that once trust is broken, it is very hard to restore.
When it comes to my family, my feelings are bittersweet. My SL family is beautiful and amazing, but unfortunately doesn't always focus on the things that truly matter. A building or a land parcel may be great, but family is so much more important. I hope that this becomes evident to my family and that 2017 will have a lot of times to enjoy like the early 2016 ones we had.
I hope you all have an amazing 2017, and I look forward to enjoying and sharing what it holds with all of you!
Love & Light,
DJ Viktor Richard Sandman
P.S. And, by the way, I added Richard to my name because it is my SL Daddy's last name (Alexander Richard).
No comments:
Post a Comment